Dag Amsterdam- Tulips, herring and bicycles the epitome of the Dutch capital. Remember yesterday you saw the cover of the county’s premier edition of Vogue? Now you can see some of the editorial content done by fashion photographer Mark deGroot. His images depict both classic and modern scenarios which make the country famous (excluding the red light district and marijuana references).
Some other interesting facts:
- In 1614 the Dutch founded “New Amsterdam” on the
island of Manhattan
was the 1st country
to recognize same sex marriage in 2001 Netherlands
has the 16th largest economy in the world (and is one of the smallest
the largest port in Europe
- The country exports 2/3rds of the worlds total fresh cut flowers, plants, and bulbs
- 70% of the population speaks English
- The Dutch are the tallest people in the world (average male: 5’11, average female: 5’6)
- Rembrandt, Vermeer, Van Gogh, Mondriaan and M.C. Escher are all descendants of this great country
Have a happy day.