Wednesday, January 25, 2012

five pointz: lic, queens

Over the weekend I visited 5pointz in Long Island City, Queens for the first time. I had heard about this spot from a friend of mine who had been last time she was in NYC and showed me some amazing pictures- I couldn’t wait to see it for myself!  Established in 1993 to discourage vandalism and encourage good vibes among the five boroughs this building has become the hub for local and international graffiti artists.  The word on the street is that city officials want to tear down this amazing landmark and turn it into luxury condos- I am beginning my petition against this today!  The best part about living in the city is that it has artistic outlets for all of our creative geniuses. Ch-che-chec-chec-check-check it out.




This guy had traveled from Canada to tag.






1 comment:

  1. glad you checked it out... PETITION HARD! --jade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment and your support. Keep reading!